Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Zac and I spent Thanksgiving this year with my family. On Thanksgiving morning, we all woke up really early to go out to breakfast at Village Inn at 7:45 AM. We met my dad's entire side of the family there. We sat at a booth with Sara, her boyfriend, Josiah, Daniel, his girlfriend, Erika, and Rachel. Zac and I both got chicken fried steak, mostly because it's delicious. I also got a strawberry crepe for the two of us to share. It reminded me when we made crepes at home a few weeks ago, with raspberries, strawberries, bananas, and nutella. That was a good night.

When Thanksgiving dinner came around, we had quite a few people there. My entire family was there, as well as both sets of grandparents, and my aunt Marsha and cousin Parker. We had a table full of people, and such great food, like mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potato casserole, and turkey, of course! I love feasts. And afterward, we had pie: apple pecan, pumpkin, and pumpkin cream cheese. My good mother even sent us home with a small little feast of leftovers. And the whole entire apple pie. Sweet.

Now Christmas is coming up. I've been listening to Christmas songs since early November, and I'm not even sick of them. We bought our first Christmas tree last night, and I was overly thrilled. I think we're going to decorate it tomorrow for Family Home Evening, so pictures will be up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment