Monday, December 29, 2014

thanksgiving 2014 in a nutshell.



I am awesome and the only pictures I have of this day are Zac filling up our flat tire and a naked, blurry Franz running around in an Indian headband I made out of construction paper.

We started the day off by driving up for breakfast at IHOP with my family, where Franz was only interested in walking around the restaurant. He fell asleep on the drive home, and Zac and I sat in the car for a good, long while, waiting for him to wake up. While Franz was sleeping, we realized that our tire was completely flat, so we drove to the car wash near our apartment, passing a cop on the way there who was trying to tell us that our tire was flat, and filled it up. Franz woke up, and we went inside and spent a few hours together, just the three of us, trying to watch the Macey's Thanksgiving Day Parade, but we were too late.

For dinner that night, we went to Zac's parents' house, but not before filling up our tire again. We ate some of the most delicious turkey I've ever eaten, and Franz played with his cousins who were here from out of town. Apparently he cried because they were too loud. I wouldn't know, I was too busy stuffing my face.

On the way home, we stopped at a gas station to fill up our tire yet again, but the air pump was broken, so we drove back to Zac's parents' house and filled it up with a manual pump (ha!), and then drove home.

The next day, Black Friday, instead of going shopping for fun things (like we were going to anyway... online shopping all the way), we went to Costco and bought ourselves a brand new set of tires! And I was so excited about them (I'm serious). My car has needed new tires for a while.

This was one of the most hilarious Thanksgivings yet. It was very memorable. :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you ate at Zac parents! Ours sucked!!! :( wish I went with you! But I DID get a death stare from Grandma Deenie for daring to sit down before dinner was done!

    ReplyDelete