Friday, October 17, 2014

conference weekend.



We spent conference weekend up at the cabin, like we do every October. It was Franz's first time, so this trip was extra special. Franz loved playing outside, picking up rocks and leaves, and pushing his cousin Kaleb's toy car all around the cabin floor. We had to move the coffee table in front of the old wood fireplace because Franz was so enthralled by it. That boy likes fire, I tell you.



We enjoyed our time shooting bows and guns, listening to 8 hours of conference (more like... oh, I dunno... 2 hours for me, because Franz is a wild boy), eating pizza from a restaurant down the mountain and donuts that Whit and JT brought up, and playing Farkle--just me and Zac. 



During the last stretch of one of the Sunday sessions, JoJo and I took turns taking pictures of the other one sleeping through it. There's just something about being cozy on the couch next to your husband with the fire burning in the fireplace while your baby is napping that makes you so relaxed and so tired. It was bound to happen, really.



Before leaving on Sunday, Zac, Franz, and I found the tree where we carved my name next to Zac's back in 2011 (when we were newlyweds!) and carved Franz's name underneath (leaving room for a few more babies!). I can't wait for him to grow up and come up to the cabin and see his name carved there by his mama's and papa's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment