Monday, August 25, 2014

franz's first trip to bear lake.



Bear Lake this year was awesome with a baby in tow. I've learned that you've got to be flexible while traveling with a baby, and to be ready to throw all your plans out the window at any given second, which we did a few times when we drove around the lake, trying to get him to take a nap (he didn't), forgoing taking pictures on the beach as a family, because it was just too much work (although we did a couple of me and Franz on my phone), and skipping out on a local play because of an early bedtime.

But most parts were down right fun, like hanging out on the beach (where Franz napped on me for an hour or so) and showing him the water and sand and boats, leaving him with grandma Jill while Zac and I took a wave runner out on the lake, pushing Franz in the porch swing for a while (where he almost fell asleep), and playing Phase 10 with everyone late at night while the kids slept. I am really liking going places with this little boy. He makes things more hectic, but much more enjoyable.

Bear Lake was good this year, and I think Franz enjoyed it, as well. 

...

No comments:

Post a Comment