Saturday, March 15, 2014

where we spend most of the days.



Even though I was really excited to have a baby right in time for the holidays, one thing that isn't so fun is that I've had to stay inside with him for his first few months of life because of the cold. So we spend most of our days inside the apartment, taking naps, reading books, playing with toys, and eating snacks (breast milk snacks for him).

And not to mention that Franz has been going through the 4-month wakeful period, as well as the 4th wonder week. So not only do I have a baby who wakes up more often at night (say, every 1.5 - 2.5 hours), I also have a baby who is fussy and clingy in the daytime. So the last few weeks have been rough. I've stayed in my pajamas all day with unbrushed teeth more often that I'd like to admit. But my goodness, when this boy does something as simple as smiling at his mama, all that doesn't even matter to me anymore.

And sometimes when papa gets home from work and school, and we have a little bit of energy left, we play together in the living room and make silly videos of the three of us and try our hardest to make Franz smile before going to bed, and those are some of the funnest times, when that papa comes home, and make the winter weather worth it (most of the time).

...

No comments:

Post a Comment