Friday, January 6, 2012

happy new year!



the new year has come--six days ago, to be exact. with all the business of going back to work, my grandpa's death and funeral, and zac being sick the other night, i've finally found the time to expound on last year's joys and memories. the year 2011 has been extra good, mostly because of a little something that happened in may. along with that, so many fun and exciting things have been going on, and we've learned so much. in 2011, i...

  • got a diamond ring put on my left ring finger.

  • watched moulin rouge on valentine's day with zac.

  • made lots of meals from scratch.

  • went to bear lake for the first time with zac's family.

  • started the semi-semesterly mexican fiestaurant tradition with erica and rachel.

  • celebrated my 21st birthday by going to bridal veil falls, and then los hermanos.

  • celebrated zac's 23rd birthday by going to gloria's little italy.

  • moved out of my student housing apartment, and into a tiny basement apartment.

  • planned a wedding.

  • walked around downtown provo on many occasions.

  • got married.

  • went to newport beach, and missed it every day since (if you're ever down there, try mama d's italy kitchen. divine.).

  • went to a lot of free concerts.

  • went to bear lake again and tasted the most wonderful chocolate-raspberry shake.

  • went through 4 jobs, and eventually got the best one.

  • started eating healthier foods.

  • graduated.

  • visited the swensons' cabin, where we ate s'mores, told ghost stories, and played many games.

  • totalled my car in the middle of nowhere.

  • killed a lot of spiders in our apartment.

  • went shooting for the very first time.

  • went to our annual family reunion at cherry hill.

  • shot a few photoshoots with a few lovely people.

  • celebrated holidays, watched movies, discovered new restaurants, started new traditions, carpooled to work with my love, switched up my style.

  • put up our very first christmas tree.

  • gained a greater testimony in the atonement and the plan of happiness because of my grandpa's death.


i already have about a million new year's resolutions going around in my head, but i'll only stick with a few, or else i won't stick with any. my new year's resolutions are...

  • eat even more healthy foods.

  • say my prayers and read scriptures daily.

  • serve more. way more.

  • buy a house (well, a condo, but house sounds cooler).

  • blog more.

  • find joy and be happy and positive.


we'll see if this happens. i hope it will. happy new year! i have high hopes for this year of 2012. i think it will be grand!

1 comment:

  1. I like it!!! It's been a good year :) You have inspired me Megan! I am going to go do this on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete